- The percentage of Americans who have listened to a podcast in the past month has almost doubled since 2008, from 9% to 17% by January of 2015. The percentage listening in 2015 was up two points over 2014 levels (15%).
- Overall awareness of podcasting is increasing at a modest pace, with roughly half (49%) of Americans ages 12 and up aware of podcasting by early 2015, up only slightly since 2010 (45%).
- Mobile devices are increasingly the preferred way to listen to podcasts. Libsyn also recorded that, of their 2.6 billion podcast downloads in 2014, 63% were requested from mobile devices – up from 43% in 2012.
- By next year, one industry group estimates, 50% of new cars sold will have Internet connectivity; by 2025, it will be all of them. “When that happens and there are podcasts in everybody’s car, it’s not podcasts anymore,” says Harbinger. “It’s just the radio.”
- “Stop trying to think about ways to get more listeners [overall] and think about trying to crush it in your niche.”
Ok, let’s get this thing started. We’ll start out with a few steps that will set the foundation here:
1) Create a Title For Your Show: typically, you will want to name your show something that will describe what your entire show is about. You could add a few key words in there as well.
Also, having your name as the Show Name could work too although not the strongest option.
Here are a couple of Ideas:
– Power Women In Business with [yourname] | Empowering Women In Business.
– Fitness Inspiration; The Latest Tips & Tricks For Weight Loss
– The New Power Mindset; The Attitude Of Success
– Periscope Domination: Periscope Training | Social Media Tips
2) Create your Name (Host Name): Remember that iTunes is an actual search engine so if you want your podcast to rank well in their search engine, you will want to target your niche market with your name. It picks up well with Title and Host Name. Here are a couple of examples:
-Elias Callejo: Network Marketer, Social Media Trainer
-Elias Callejo: Master Fisherman, Bait Maker PHD, Fishing Boss
-Elias Callejo: Master Matchmaker, Online Dating, Tinder Success (rofl)
3) Your Podcast Description.
Ok, so you have 4,000 characters to create this with. Describe to your audience in the best way possible using 4,000 characters or less.
ok!!! If you’ve finished this , you are doing AWESOME!! This should keep you busy enough for now. Now, lets get ready for PART #2
http://www.nextLEVELScope.com to get the link to enroll for my upcoming Webinar on NextLevel Podcasting 101!!